Friday, May 20, 2011

Shopping for gum


1.    I chose Wal-Mart because it is a store I very frequently visit (a few times a week) and is the place I buy most of my gum. The section as noted in pictures / video that first comes to mind when thinking gum is the checkout lanes. There is where most of the candy and gum is located because the store feels that these items are grab and go impulse buys.


2. There is A LOT of varieties and flavors available. They are not just the normal mint and spearmint flavors there are many complicated and unique flavors. Not just flavors but kinds also. Bubble gum, whitening, breath freshen are amongst and mixed in with the variety of flavors.


3.     Gum choices today are at abundance. The variety of flavors and brands in my opinion are at a long time high. With society where it is today choices are always a must. I personally feel that variety is the spice of life and I feel the more the better! 

4. In regards to trends I noticed bright colored packages (mostly primary colors that catch your attention). I noticed this current trend of big packs of gum for example 60 piece packs that fit in your cars cup holder. Whitening gum also seems to be in abundance. I feel that consumerism and the companies trying to cater to each consumer has taken over. It’s not a bad thing just overwhelms the market and the shelves.

5. The brands of gum that is most for me are Orbit and Trident. Orbit has a variety of flavors and seems more adult than other gums. You are able to share with the individually wrapped pieces and great holder that doesn’t come apart and loose all the pieces into the bottom of your purse. Trident is a tried and true gum. In my opinion it has classic uncomplicated flavors. It is also easy to share and is a brand that is more for adults. I say it’s more for adults because it doesn’t have the fufu flavors and is simple

The gums that are the least for me would have to be the gums that would call “trying to
hard” the ones that try to take gum to some other level like the Mentos gum in the picture below.  This watermelon flavor gum has a burst of gel in the center. Why? Lol I guess it is geared more towards the younger generations that like things like that. Another gum as seen in the picture below is Mentos Up2YU. It offers 2 flavors in one pack. Well my issue is what if I really liked one flavor and hated the other? It seems like a waste. It wouldn’t be something I would buy.


6 I bought Orbit Bubblemint and Trident original flavor. These are my always regular gum purchases. I like the flavor of both of these and they are easily shared with almost everyone. These purchases say that I am mature and classic yet a bit fun.

7. The one wish I had for gum is more long last flavor. I know that gums lasting flavor has come a long way… I just want more! LOL

8. If I didn’t buy gum with my $5.00 today I probably have bought some fast food. Maybe a Starbucks beverage (we all know you need at least $5.00 for almost anything on their menu). I think the gum was a better buy for my body. The few calories in the gum is nothing compared to the ones in the fast food or starbucks drink.









No comments:

Post a Comment